CLOSED - 2177 - ISSO
Washington, District Of Columbia
- 5+ years’ experience with NIST, FISMA, and Security Assessment & Authorization
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), or Security + desired
- Familiarity with the security control families from the NIST guidance covered by the documents that they are responsible for evaluating.
- Ability to provide subject matter expert-level knowledge to the project team to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Security policy implementation statements, the regulatory structure of policy, the role of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Hands on experience using a Governance, Risk, and Compliance tool, such as CSAM or eMASS.
- Ability to conduct gap analysis on non-federated vendor audit results, such as SOC Type 2, HIPAA comparison review and analyst against NIST SP 800-53 Revision 5 security controls
- Hands-om experience providing C-Level presentation and reporting
- Excellent written communication skills and understand the purpose and use of the System Security Plan (SSP).
- Possess an understanding of control inheritance as applied to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) implementation in the CSAM tool.
- Ability to accurately manage complex workstreams, comprehend the application of the RMF, and understand the application of security controls across the interface, application, operating system, network, and database layers of modern information systems. Understand the applicable artifacts used as evidence to assess compliance.
- Experience with multiple tools providing security functions such as vulnerability management (e.g. Nessus, Retina), configuration management (e.g. BigFix, SCCM, ePO), endpoint protection (e.g. antivirus, ATP), data loss prevention, and intrusion detection software and hardware.
- Experience in utilizing virtual machines to connect to and repair server-based applications as well as configure and distribute client agents. Ability to fully administer the applications assignee.
- Familiarity with remote access methods to various operating environments
- Ability to create and evaluation Process and Data Flow, network diagrams and logical security boundaries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to deliver in-person or virtual training that results in excellent assessment via trainee feedback.
- Familiarity with information security terminology and be able to develop or select technical training in the discipline of information security geared to an organization.
- Understanding the role of interactive training such as phishing exercises for assessment of organizational abilities.
- Familiarity with NIST SP 800-181 guidance regarding cyber workforce roles and responsibilities.
- Familiarity with the various use cases and alignment of data from each tool to various security disciplines in configuration management, vulnerability management, risk management and incident management.
- Familiarity with the use of data analysis tools, including the use of Microsoft Excel or PowerBI to combine data from multiple sources.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the review and reference capabilities of Microsoft Word and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with data management and reporting of training data and statistics using common tools such as Microsoft Excel or PowerBI.