The purpose of this review will be to evaluate the IceCube Neutrino Observatory (ICNO) Construction Upgrade Project’s re-baselining efforts. Contracted staff will support NSF staff to analyze the risk profiling and mitigation plans, the new baseline schedule, the costs, and contingency for the designated mid-scale research infrastructure construction project consistent with NSF’s Research Infrastructure Guide (RIG) and the GAO Cost Estimating and Assessment Guides.
- Analysis using project documentation associated with key cost and schedule drivers
- Targeted in-depth sampling and analysis
- Interviews with Project staff to resolve questions about project documentation
- Development of an LFO memorandum to support NSF’s cost analysis, evaluating costs by WBS elements, and a summary of review outcomes and any actionable recommendations to improve the re-baseline plan.
- Broad knowledge of research infrastructure programs funded by NSF or other Federal agencies
- At least ten (10) years of recent experience in a position with management responsibility for either design, construction, or operation of large infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated practical experience in the development and implementation of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
- BS in a relevant science or engineering field and certification in Project Management required
- Certifications in Earned Value Management and Risk Management desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively interact and negotiate with NSF staff and science community stakeholders