1862 - Hardware Interfacing Software Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- The candidate will provide software development, light electrical engineering and testing support in a lab environment.
- Software development in C/C++/C#, Matlab/Simulink
- GUI development
- Data retrieval and processing
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces, including how to control these via software
- Ethernet protocols
- Serial ports and protocols
- Assist with systems-level technical activities including:
- Deconstruction and design of SW modules to fit an overall lab goal
- Analysis and evaluation across domains including support for optical, mechanical and controls engineers
- Technical presentation via MW PowerPoint or MS Word documents
- Present technical data/papers to leadership/conferences
- Be able to clearly communicate with team members
- Participate in team meetings/discussions
- Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design. Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering BS Degree
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Knowledge of C/C++/C#, Windows GUI creation tools
- Technical writing and casual presenting
- Be able to work in a research type environment
- 5+ years experience working in technical environment developing software and system interfaces
- MS Electrical Engineering Degree
- Systems engineering experience
- Top Secret minimum with SCI eligibility