1861 - Modeling & Simulation Software Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- The candidate will provide Modeling and Simulation development and evaluation support.
- Evaluate and mature existing M&S packages
- Software development in C/C++
- Understanding of physics phenomena including spectral propagation, detection techniques, image and signal processing
- Implementation of models of above-described phenomena
- Documentation of plans and design
- Be able to clearly communicate with team members
- Participate in team meetings/discussions
- Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design. Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent Technical BS Degree
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Knowledge of C/C++/C#, Matlab/Simulink or other simulation and evaluation techniques
- Technical writing and presenting
- Be able to work in a research type environment
- 5+ years of experience developing and working with modeling and simulation
- MS Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent technical degree
- Systems engineering experience
- Top Secret minimum with SCI eligibility