1860 - Algorithms Software Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- The candidate will provide algorithm knowledge, development and testing.
- Algorithm review, development and testing for image and signal processing
- Software development in C/C++/C# to simulate and evaluate algorithms
- Data retrieval and processing
- Knowledge of image and signal processing techniques
- Assist with technical program level activities including:
- Applications of algorithms towards Army program objectives such as threat detection, tracking, countering
- Analysis and evaluation across domains including support for optical, mechanical and controls engineers
- Technical presentation via MW PowerPoint or MS Word documents
- Be able to clearly communicate with team members
- Participate in team meetings/discussions
- Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design. Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent Technical BS Degree
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD
- Knowledge of C/C++/C#, Matlab Simulink or other simulation and evaluation techniques
- Technical writing and presenting
- Be able to work in a research type environment
- 5+ years of experience with software and algorithm development
- MS Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent technical degree
- Systems engineering experience
- Top Secret minimum with SCI eligibility