We are seeking a technician to join our Help Desk team that provides 2nd and 3rd echelon technical support to the U.S. Air Force and Army weather support end-users and to data processing systems world-wide.
- The Help Desk Analyst conducts the initial problem analysis and, if warranted, retrieves ‘proof’ and coordinates the solution with customer network organizations, local site system support, or supported military weather organizations.
- The Analyst processes tickets through established procedures and conducts problem evaluation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- The Analyst must thoroughly document ticketed events so that when it is combined with other worked tickets, system performance trends and opportunities to improve the system or support process, can be identified.
- This Analyst also trains other new analysts in the details of performing the job with excellence.
- The candidate must demonstrate at least 4 years’ professional experience in most of the following areas:
- Maintaining / fixing Windows Server 2016 and 2019 operating systems as installed on Dell server platforms
- Network troubleshooting within both non secure and secure US Air Force and Army enclaves
- Familiarity in navigation and configuration of McAfee Anti-virus applications
- Hardware problem identification and replacement at a component level
- Use of a Trouble Ticket management application
- Configuring system and user security certificate management software
- Documenting, troubleshooting, and performing installation procedures
- Analyst candidates should have excellent computer skills, be a self-starter who can work with little or no supervision and be very familiar with server and highly restrictive military network infrastructures.
- Strong candidates will have experience in either weather operations or clustered server operations.
- Security+ Certification required
- Weather Forecasting and Data Processing terminology
- Military organizations, ranks, and command structure
- Software and System Configuration Management process experience
- Oracle Relational Database interaction to include SQL commands
- AWS Cloud environment experience a plus