We are actively searching for a Business Development Executive Leader with deep customer knowledge of NIH, along with an understanding of their challenges and how to win, grow, and develop new business at NIH. The position is located in or near Rockville, MD. This position will focus on leading the growth of a NIH pipeline. A successful candidate will operate as an integral member of the growth team, partnering with operational and functional leaders across the company. The selected candidate is responsible for developing broad knowledge of customers and competitors while maintaining dynamic market awareness. He/she will evaluate market trends and develop business cases that align customers requirements with the company’s capabilities and discriminators.
- Manage resources to create, identify, develop, and qualify opportunities that align to the company's strategic campaigns that result in meaningful and measurable revenue growth.
- Achieve acquisition and sales goals through winning new business.
- Develop and maintain an active strategic growth plan, and the associated pipeline, in alignment and consistent with corporate campaign strategy and goals.
- Interface with customer community for assigned opportunities.
- Build customer relationships through effective communications.
- Develop strategies to "shape" requirements and acquisition strategy.
- Identify and target new business markets, adjacencies, and partnerships.
- Embrace the company’s Business Acquisition Process in daily activities, and effectively manage and communicate all the opportunities and plans for management and technical teams.
- Assist in guiding potential customers by demonstrating solutions, capabilities, and potential acquisition paths for early stage opportunities, working with internal technical and program management teams to develop responses for requests for information (RFI), market surveys, white papers, presentations, briefings, and major event demonstrations.
- Travel as required, as dictated by business need.
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10+ years of business development experience within the Public Sector Health segment or related field (4 years of equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement).
- 6 + years of experience in a Manager or Leadership role within the Public Sector Health segment.
- Experience leading large $50M+ business pursuits through a business acquisition process going through opportunity identification, qualification, and capture phases.
- Proven success with the business acquisition process, from identifying an opportunity through pursuit, program startup and ongoing program execution.
- Highly effective communicator to all levels within the company and with clients.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Understanding and knowledge of IT services and solutions including Software Modernization, Cyber, Data Analytics, and Cloud.
- Relationship with NIH Agency leadership and strong connectivity to industry partners serving this portfolio.
- Detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written communications skills, leadership skills, and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member.
- Acts as a Strategic Partner, Trusted Advisor.
- Business/financial management expertise.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Leadership skills in directing pursuit and/or delivery teams.
- Highly developed consultative approach, solution selling and business development skills.