1842 - Cyber Operations Analyst
Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska
- The work environment has been defined as dynamic and fast-paced, requiring effective interactions and communications. Will support 24/7/365 network operations by operating, maintaining, defending and coordinating fix actions within the USSTRATCOM Cyber Operations Center to maintain communications across multiple networks.
- Provides ongoing network support, addresses availability issues, overcomes performance problems and provides overall level 2 support.
- Installs, maintains and coordinates the use of network systems.
- Evaluates hardware and software and peripheral equipment for large, complex networks.
- Manages network performance, diagnoses performance problems and undertakes tuning activities to ensure network performance meets SLA requirements.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network.
- Reports on overall network performance including frequent problems, underlying issues and plans to improve network availability, performance and problem resolution.
- Trains users, maintains, creates and deletes user accounts.
- Maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms.
- Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards.
- Enforces network security procedures.
- When applicable, work rotating schedules and report to work during non-business hours for emergency situations
- Work independently for extended durations
- Continuously monitor several tools and report network incidents and threats in real time
- Perform product evaluations and recommendation of products/services to improve network performance, redundancy, and resiliency
- Monitor environmental status of data centers and communication closets, utilizing various tools and methods such as Solarwinds, vRealize Operations Manager, and others
- Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of network performance issues through analysis of network traffic
- Monitor and respond to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Devise and direct routine testing and perform analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals)
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance
- Operate, maintain, and administer network components to meet operational, availability, and mission requirements
- Devise work instructions or standard operating procedures for newly installed or changed network systems
- Perform escort duties to sensitive areas and provide infrastructure support
- Complete electronic documentation of all work completed
- 3-5 years network administration/engineering
- BS/BA in Cybersecurity, Computer systems or related field
- DoD 8570 CSSP Infrastructure Support (CEH, CySA+, GICSP, SSCP, CHFI, CFR, Cloud+, CND) within 150 days of hire
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) – Data Center or Routing and Switching
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+