We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The ideal candidate shall evaluate, design, develop and implement technical or analytical applications that support transformation of raw data to meaningful information to detect fraudulent activities or quality issues using data oriented programming language and visualization software. Put your years of experience and training into a future of excellence by joining the team delivering cutting edge technology solutions to our clients. This position will be as a remote employee and support the Department of the Interiors (DOI) Pandemic Response Accountability Committee (PRAC).
PRAC was established to promote transparency and conduct and support oversight of covered funds and the Coronavirus response to prevent and detect fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement (FWA&M) and mitigate major risks that cut across program and agency boundaries. This position will work with a team to fulfill the IT objectives of this task order by building off the existing technology architecture in PRACs secure Microsoft Azure Moderate FedRAMP hosted environment. The high level project objectives include implementing new Analytics tools, developing analytic rules and models to identify fraud, waste, and abuse, and proving investigative support.
- The chosen candidate will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team developing analytical and decision support applications to support PRAC. The candidate will work with a team of 3-6 team members across 3 scrum teams (at the start of the program, but projected to grow) who could be situated in different geographical locations. He/She needs to be a strong collaborator and a team player to meet the project schedule. He/She will follow the agile methodology for developing the various capabilities and actively participate in sprint and system demos. The candidate should expect to wear multiple hats, take ownership of the solution and be able to adapt quickly to changing business priorities.
- Translate high level analytics and fraud, waste, and abuse strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements
- Assess and provide recommendation for the customers current Azure fraud analytics infrastructure
- Builds, maintains, and enhances the Data Analytics infrastructure.
- Works with team to develop new analytic rules and models using leading edge fraud analytic tools and best practices.
- Architects and builds services to ingest new and existing data sources and builds and maintains self-service capabilities like data visualizations and dashboards for PRAC and OIGs to access pandemic oversight data.
- Work with team and customers to refine and fine tune model data model
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field and a minimum of 3 years related technical experience
- Highly motivated with a strong passion for problem solving and innovation and the ability to provide recommend infrastructure improvements or analytics solutions to detect fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement
- Proven working experience as a systems engineer in assessing and designing improvements within existing Azure infrastructure
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Proficient in modern software languages (e.g. Java, C#, Python etc.)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code
- Hands on experience in DevSecOps processes and tools
- Candidate should have very good communication and leadership skills
- Experience with Microsoft Azure tool suite (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Azure, Databricks)
- Experience with visualization tools such as PowerBI and/or Datawalk
- Extensive experience with big data analytics.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and research skills
- Previous work in an Agile Environment
- Experience working with vendors and government personne