We are seeking a proven executive for the role of Director of Business Development to lead the growth of our NRO account. This role will report to the Vice President of Business Development for the Space & Intelligence (S&I) sector of the company. A successful candidate will operate as an integral member of the S&I growth team, partnering with operational and functional leaders across the company. The selected candidate is responsible for developing broad knowledge of customers and competitors while maintaining awareness market dynamics. He/she will evaluate market trends and develop business cases that align customer’s requirements with our capabilities and discriminators.
- Create a customer focused strategic account plan with clear objectives, goals, and actions to drive new business growth
- Develop and execute a new business pipeline by identifying, qualifying, and maturing new business targets to drive deal velocity
- Achieve revenue and sales goals the new business program awards
- Function as the primary interface with the NRO customer and build relationships through effective leadership and communication
- Develop strategies to shape requirements and acquisition strategy
- Embrace the company’s Business Acquisition Process in daily activities, and effectively communicate all the opportunities and plans for management and technical teams
- Assist in guiding buying organizations by demonstrating technology solutions, architectures, capabilities, and potential acquisition paths for early stage opportunities, working with internal technical and program management teams to develop responses for requests for information (RFI), market survey’s, white papers, presentations, briefings, and major event demonstrations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of business development experience with the NRO
- Experience leading large $100M+ business pursuits through a business acquisition process going through opportunity identification, qualification, and capture phases
- Domain experience in space / satellite operations, ISR, and secure communications
- Superior leadership, business acumen, and executive presence with the ability to communicate effectively at senior levels of an organization
- Relationships with NRO leadership and strong connectivity to industry partners serving this customer
- Deep knowledge, experience, and understanding of the NRO customer particularly in space operations, space resiliency, command & control, and secure communications.
- Demonstrated successful track record of supporting and winning contracts with the NRO.
- Proven experience building relationships with strategic teaming partners.
- Military experience
- Master’s Degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph