We are seeking a Data Architect/Sr Database Developer to work on our projects. In this role you will support the development and enhancement of a modern transactional and data analytics platform using cutting edge, open-source technologies. Your responsibility will be to provide technical solutions to the ever-growing needs of the customers in data management, warehousing and analytics areas.
In this position the candidate can join our team immediately and begin work on the project while we process a Secret DOD Clearance for the individual. This is an amazing opportunity to work in a great environment, with emerging technologies while having a DOD Secret Clearance processed.
- Demonstrates technical expertise of leading data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data management and advanced analytics including R or python.
- Demonstrates experience of architecting & design AWS and/or Azure based data solutions.
- Passionate about solving complex data architecture, data warehousing and advanced analytics problems - assist team leaders in developing innovative data solutions to address complex business problems.
- Conceptualizes viable technical solutions that meet customer objectives and project requirements within the cost and schedule constraints.
- Act as SME for customer-facing project delivery for business intelligence, data management, and data analytics projects aimed at government – Federal, State, and Local.
- Provide thought leadership for innovative data solutions to establish a standard industry language for analyzing new and emerging technologies.
- Support proposal development, new customer demos, and other pre-sales activities.
- Develop knowledge articles and other pieces of thought leadership to advance the company’s positioning.
- Works with and through both functional and technical project team members to deliver products in an agile manner.
- Work with team leaders and data analysts in resolving complex technical and operational issues.
- Should have Data Strategy and governance expertise
- Diligently manage risks and mitigate/manage issues associated with project delivery
- Other similar professional duties may be assigned as needed.
- 8+ years of experience with Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Data Management, and Reporting
- 3+ years of experience in BI Tools like Tableau or MicroStrategy, Microsoft Azure and AWS technologies.
- 3+years of experience in Data Strategy, Data Governance and Dashboard development.
- Experience designing, developing, and managing enterprise-level databases using relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Oracle
- 2+ years of experience with ETL tools like Informatica and Pentaho Kettle
- Ready to embrace a fast-paced work environment with deadlines and new challenges
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data analytics, business intelligence, economics, statistics, or mathematics