We are looking for a talented Full Stack Developer who is passionate about technology and working with cutting edge software and hardware to support our mission-critical customer in Arlington, VA. The ideal candidate appreciates partnering with our customer and a group of engineers to create innovative engineering solutions. You will be part of a highly integrated DevOps engineering team delivering mission critical applications hosted in both FedRAMP accredited and classified cloud environments, and developing programs for use by the client in daily pursuit of their stated goal.
- End-to-end lifecycle for software development and the application in production, including the technical analysis of requirements, development of the software, automated testing, builds, deployment, monitoring, and feedback
- Developing new capabilities for an existing application system, proceeding through cloud-oriented upgrades
- Performing security testing of code as part of deployment lifecycle to ensure compliance and compatibility of created work products
- Documenting system requirements, risks, and limitations as part of component development
- Modernizing the existing application and fixing bugs between major releases
- Interacting with the client and the other cloud team members (DevOps, CloudOps) to plan, build, test, and release new iterations of the application
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of experience with programming and software development - including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems
- 5 years of experience architecting software solutions based on customer requirements
- 5 years of experience leading technical teams
- 3 years of experience designing and implementing automated build and deployment pipelines and supporting platform
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS
- Experience architecting and migrating on-premises applications into a cloud platform.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting enterprise applications while maintaining 24/7 availability
- ExtJS – must have front-end development experience. ExtJS is strongly preferred. Experience with Angular and/or React is a plus.
- Java/J2EE – must have experience developing Java web applications
- JSP, Beans, JTSL, Spring Framework - must have experience maintaining and modernizing/refactoring Java applications
- SOAP & REST – must have experience with developing and consuming both SOAP and REST APIs.
- Oracle – must have experience with relational database systems and stored procedures. Oracle is preferred. Additional RDMS system exposure, especially to Postgres, would be a plus
- Node – incrementally migrating Java applications to node-based microservices
- Eclipse versioning and packaging
- Git repository maintenance and best practices (branching, merging, commenting, cloning into separate projects, etc)
- Tomcat – J2EE apps served using Tomcat
- Solr/Zookeeper – NoSQL document/search preferred, Elasticsearch is a plus.
- Linux – SSH/Bash scripting experience is helpful
- AWS environment experience