We are seeking a mid-level AWS CloudOps Engineer with a current Top Secret clearance. You will be part of a highly integrated CloudOps engineering team delivering mission critical applications hosted in both FedRAMP accredited and classified cloud environments, and developing programs and automation (primarily Python and Boto3 tool).
- Leveraging sound CloudOps principles, practices and tools to improve the speed, reliability, integrity and security of software delivery
- Using best practices and defined operational workflows to support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation
- Developing, reviewing, and revising scripts and programs for management, maintenance, and deployment of AWS instances
- Utilizing AWS services and utilities to streamline the service offerings of the client to other divisions within the organization
- Continuously evaluate available services and makes recommendations to the government on strategies for implementation in the areas of platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS), and data as a service (DaaS)
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of experience developing comprehensive and innovative technical solutions
- At least 3 years experience with 1 of the 3 major cloud service providers (Amazon, Microsoft, or Google).
- Experience in development and scripting languages (Python, C++, Java, etc)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS, creating instances, using CloudFormation, and managing Security Groups. Key AWS Services include EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda.
- Experience architecting and migrating on-premises applications into a cloud platform.
- Experience with Cloud Automation – preferably AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, or Terraform coding that can be explained during an interview
- Experience with Source Control systems (GitLab, SVN, Maven) and integration into CI/CD Pipelines
- Linux Administration – must be comfortable with CentOS\RHEL command line navigation and commands
- Proficient with analyzing an environment to help optimize processes, and keep up to date with new service offerings and requirement changes.
- Be able to share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of AWS for the customer.
- Be able to identify the latest and greatest technologies, and seek opportunities to expand their skill set
- Ability to communicate at a high level and explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Dedicated to quality and leverage industry test-driven development standards
- Demonstrated success with developing and executing technical strategy and leadership
- Use of Artifactory
- Experience creating\implementing cross-domain solutions
- Experience searching Splunk (creating saved searches, filtering relevant data, using for debugging, etc)
- ELK or Elasticsearch
- Containerization (docker/Kubernetes)