We are seeking a Cyber Operations Research Analyst II conducting Data Analysis support to the Multi-Domain Task Force – Pacific (MDTF-Pacific). Part of a team of highly skilled engineers and data scientists to collect, ingest, process, analyze, visualize, and share data in support of the United States Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM). The team will be responsible for the assembly of infrastructure within a cloud environment that is scalable, highly available, and adaptable with multiple environments that take advantage of managed services in the cloud.
- Analytic integration to enable the team’s optimal, useful development and deployment of User Interfaces. Under this effort, user interfaces will be designed and developed to provide a more intuitive, user-friendly experience for these types of tasks to help LEAP function as a more effective tactical tool. User interfaces include analytic integration and deployment, application integration and deployment, and containerized integration and deployment.
- Provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Working as an expert, conducts research and evaluates technical performance of software products and overall segments and systems.
- Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods.
- Verifies/validates systems with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to information networks.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and analysis.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they verify/validate the requirements. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements.
- Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Will consider: HS +11-14 Years, BA/BA 5-10 Years, or MA/MS +3-6 Years.
- Background includes quantitative experience and/or education (e.g., mathematics, statistics, etc.).
- Must hold the appropriate DoD 8570.01 baseline certification applicable to their work role prior to beginning work.
- Experienced with model development and testing as well as gathering, relating, and identifying data with variables in models.
- Has developed reports noting various alternatives and success probability when there is no single solution.
- Possesses an understanding of cyberspace doctrine, policies, operations, and organizations. Must be familiar with basic data analysis and visualization techniques in Python.
- Must have experience using basic Python data analysis packages (pandas, matplotlib, etc.). Must have experience using a notebook analytic environment like Jupyter Notebooks.
- Intelligence Analyst background and/or knowledge of intelligence systems/platforms