We are seeking an Android Software Developer for our mission-critical customer in Quantico, VA.
- Develop and maintain the Java-based Android application.
- Use creativity to turn new requirements into a functional and reliable design.
- Understand the full range of Android topics to include activity management and fragments, background services, tray notifications, push notifications, database operations, permissions, broadcast receivers, and complex asynchronous networking operation.
- Use agile development practices to produce iterative software updates and feedback loops.
- Use understanding of the Android security model and defensive security-topics to harden the app.
- Create and implement user interface designs and work with customer to elicit user feedback
- Design and develop user interface based on XML layout definitions
- Support a SQL-based database
- Design and conduct app-level tests including the creation and maintenance of unit tests, test automation, and a continuous integration pipeline
- Work across teams to integrate a robust and secure solution
- Identify, recognize, and recommend new and relevant mobile techniques, methodologies, and security mechanisms
- BA or BS degree
- 5 years of relevant experience with mobile application development.
- Ability to design, deploy, and maintain an Android application.
- Proven experience with the Android platform, Java, SQL, Android Developer Studio, and the Gradle build-system.
- Experience with supporting SW development projects involving multiple developers, including working with language family IDEs and generating code documentation
- Familiarity in using issue tracking software (i.e. JIRA) as part of a team
- Knowledge of git or equivalent version control systems
- Possession of excellent analytical and technical writing skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with DevOps methodologies as part of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery workflow
- Familiarity with gRPC, Protobuf, GoLang technologies
- Familiarity with Linux and bash scripting
- Familiarity with encryption techniques