We are looking for a Security System Engineer to provide critical Data Governance Security System Engineering and ensure communication and collaboration for a variety of missions for worldwide users through the deployment of computer, telephony and voice/video and data networks.
- Identifies and mitigates vulnerabilities using alternate or compensating controls if necessary.
- Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots IA software issues in conjunction with other IA staff to ensure timely response actions to security incidents.
- Recognizes potential security violations, takes appropriate action to report the incident as required by regulation, and mitigates any adverse impact. Implements applicable patches including IA vulnerability alerts (IAVA), IA vulnerability bulletins (IAVB), and technical advisories (TA) for assigned operating system(s).
- Under general supervision of a network manager, uses experience and judgment as well as existing policies and regulations to provide network environment (NE) and advanced level computing environment support to include perimeter controls, internal network monitoring, sensor implementation and analysis.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or Mathematics.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Position requires at least five (5) years of experience in the above-cited duties. There is no substitution with education or experience in the above-cited duties