We are seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to function as the Lead for Space Communications Commercialization initiatives and activities, to join our team in Greenbelt, MD supporting our Space Exploration Network Services and Evolution (SENSE) contract at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the assessment of commercial Space Communications capabilities in the marketplace in support of the development of new products and/or services for customers. Additionally, you will also be responsible for developing innovative technical approaches which leverage a combination of commercial and government capabilities to meet or exceed customer needs and/or requirements. This position also involves being a part of a dynamic team executing concurrent planning and execution to meet high-priority national timelines for missions.
- Lead the assessment of commercial space capabilities in the marketplace to include Space Communications, Ground Services, Data Transport Services, Range Services, and Launch Services
- Develop solutions to customer needs and requirements which leverage commercial and government capabilities to include the development of technical roadmaps
- Support the development of transition plans to facilitate the transition from an existing architecture to new architecture which leverages commercial space capabilities
- Develop and maintain partnerships with commercial space and government partners
- Lead and perform trade studies
- Perform analysis, design, and development of systems
- Develop systems engineering-related documentation including:
- Requirements documents
- Interface Control Documents
- Validation & Verification Plans
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related technical discipline is required; an advanced degree is preferred (MS/PHD), and candidates with an advanced degree will be given preference
- 8+ years of experience with combination of systems engineering and mission operations engineering
- Experience with supporting and leading the process of technically evaluating and assessing capabilities in the marketplace
- Prior experience working with commercial and/or federal government programs and projects, including any of: NASA programs and projects, Space Development Agency, DARPA, NRO, NGA