We have an immediate need for front-end Software Developers at all levels to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a front-end react software developer on this program, you will have the opportunity to build strong systems and software utilizing cloud capabilities and Agile experience to support a complex program. Based in DevOps framework, you will participate in and/or direct major deliverables throughout all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Participate in software development to support enhancements of front end user interfaces using react as a programming language. The front end will call java RESTful services (SpringBoot, Hibernate) which query data in a PostgreSQL database.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit, Postman and Katalon
- Use industry leading DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, and Unix Bash scripting
- Document and Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Develop and integrate custom developed software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies
- Develop, prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Coordinate closely with team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure User Story alignment and implementation to customer use cases
- Analyze (through proof of concept, performance, and end-to-end testing) and effectively coordinate Infrastructure needs driven by developed software to meet customer mission needs
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply and identify best practices and standard operating procedures
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Experience in the following:
- Familiarity with DevOPS practices and frameworks
- Developing applications for deployment within Cloud frameworks and developing cloud native applications
- Working application integration with RESTFul API’s and PostGreSQL
- Use of Junit, Katalon, and Postman
- Use of GitHub, Ansible, Jenkins, and Bash
- Automated deployment technologies and tools
- Commercial Cloud solutions experience (I’d be looking for references to deploying production applications in AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Detailed work in an Agile environment including interface with customers and team members, discussing interaction with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and working against a User Story (definition of being done, Conditions of Satisfaction, etc)
- Significant experience in using React (expressJS)
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Significant experience in the software development lifecycle, with experience delivering within DevOps toolsets/practices
- Moderate experience in using Java
- Direct experience utilizing software testing performance tools, such as Junit or related testing tools
- Direct experience working in an Agile development environment and tempo
- Well versed with using version control systems
- Well versed with using issue/problem tracking systems
- Experience developing DevOps infrastructure using GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible and related tools.