The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of government research and development projects. This position presents a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to work on challenging, cutting edge technology across diverse areas
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator to track, prioritize, plan, staff, and implement a research program.
- Define and document project objectives, requirements, execution plans, and key performance parameters.
- Provide project direction, oversight and feedback to assigned project staff.
- Develop cost, schedule, staffing plan, and risk estimates at project outset for planning purposes and throughout project execution to keep program on track.
- Acquire internal and external resources and manage project resources to deliver projects on time and according to plan.
- Communicate expectations and requirements to members of the team and hold the team accountable for performance.
- Help the project to achieve requirements including milestones and key performance indicators.
- Track project performance and identify project issues and adverse trends and implement timely and effective recovery plan(s) as needed.
- Produce progress reports and status reports reportable to external customers.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship
- BS/BA, MS/MA, Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Computer Science, or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Demonstrated record of successful project delivery.
- Exceptional project management skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong written and spoken communications/presentation skills.
- Understanding of modern software and hardware design techniques and practices.
- Experience with wireless systems and networking
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize against multiple deadlines and manage projects at various stages of maturity.
- Experience with research and development as it relates to wireless systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desired.