We are seeking a motivated and experienced HRIT Specialist to join our team. You will directly support the Department of Commerce's (DOC) Enterprise Services (ES) team and its Human Resources (HR) Operations and Contact Center. As an HRIT Specialist, you are expected to apply technical and functional skills in Federal HR technologies to deliver a consistent and positive customer experience. To be successful in this position, you will require or must develop a strong understanding of the core systems used by DOC for HR, manager and employee self-service, electronic personnel records, time and attendance, and the payroll interface.
This position is located in Hyattsville, MD (a few blocks from the New Carrollton metro station). The position offers partial telework.
This position can be filled at a Level 2 or Level 3.
- Provide IT and admin support on HR, pay, time and attendance, benefits, and manager/employee self-service applications.
- Provide routine system administration including, but not limited to, operational communications, user administration and periodic system access auditing, and system configuration and reporting and analytics.
- Provide Tier 2 Contact Center support including, but not limited to, inquiry support, record requests, PAR processing guidance, and incident management and resolution.
- Running operational report s on a daily basis.
- Support ad-hoc data requests using queries and reports and perform data clean-up and maintenance.
- Provide change request (CR) intake and validation support, participate in testing activities, and assist with Release Management activities.
- Act as a liaison on requests/inquiries between the customer and application service providers.
- Coordinate with the customer on periodic and special data projects.
- Bachelors Degree and 3 years of relevant work experience; OR 7 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3 years of technology support services.
- Experience with data integrity services and supporting technology-related process improvement efforts.
- 2 years Federal HR IT experience.
- Working knowledge of Federal HR policies, rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and Attention to detail.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Experience with Federal HR systems such as Treasurys HRConnect, National Finance Center (NFC), OPMs eOPF, webTA, and EPP. – Shared services experience.
- Experience in help desk environment and troubleshooting Tier 2 tickets. Experience in ServiceNow ticket management and the ServiceNow HR Service Delivery (HRSD) application.
- Familiarity with processing PARs.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM).
- Working in an Agile environment.
- US Citizen w/ Public Trust eligibility