We are seeking an experienced Information Operations (IO) planner to conduct direct liaison, integration and synchronization with Combatant Command (CCMD) staff, subordinate units, and associated joint, interagency, intergovernmental and multi-national (JIIM) partners. IO Planner is expected to provide expert mission analysis, analytic problem solving, and assessment of information operations (IO); creative use of information systems and information related capabilities (IRC); integration with inter-agency and intelligence community (IC); knowledge of and ability to develop innovative concepts to counter adversarial use of information in the Cyber and Electromagnetic Spectrum (EMS); and significant or key cultural considerations that affect operational and tactical planning, security, accreditation, risk assessment(s). This Position is located in Tampa, FL, MacDill AFB The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to review, analyze, and operationalize tactical and operational-level IO-related directives in support of maneuver elements. IO subject matter experts (SME) will provide counsel, guidance, and aid in applying technical skills to operational and tactical planning/execution, identifying and tracking measures of performance (MOP) thru attainment of measures of effectiveness (MOE).
- Must possess a Bachelors degree and 14 years of planning experience or a combined total of a minimum of 18 years between education and revenant service. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements
- Functional Area (FA30) career field or service equivalent career fields required.
- Service/Joint Targeting, IPB, and COG analysis process as well as a general understanding of Army Training doctrine, procedures, exercise and training experience.
- Knowledge in JOPP, MDMP, and MCPP planning and targeting processes and expertise in developing and accessing tactical and operational level IO plans and orders.
- Have a minimum of 8 years of experience with IO planning at the service or joint level, working that support operations with Combatant Commands or Joint Task Forces.
- Experience with integrating, coordinating, and synchronizing adjacent and supporting operations, as well as developing support for related capabilities and their activities. Be familiar with, certified in, or have applicable operational/field time experience in:
- Military Information Support Operations (MISO) / (formerly Psychological Operations (PSYOP)) – Military Deception (MILDEC) – Operations Security (OPSEC) – Tactical Electronic Warfare (EW) – Cyberspace Operations – SIGINT related activities
- Ability to engage senior JIIM leaders and staff, and conduct operational and informational briefings to a large audience.
- Ability to work effectively within a task organized working group and expertise with planning, integrating, and coordinating with inter-agency and intelligence community entities. Coordinating with inter-agency and intelligence community and to work effectively within a task organized "working group".
- Masters of Military Art and Science School of Advanced Military Studies, Strategic Communications, International Affairs, or similar fields
- Recent Joint or Service Level Information Operations planning experience Desired Knowledge/Skills Requirements
- Information Operations Planner Courses (AIOPC, JIOPC)
- Military Information Support Operations Integration Course (MISOIC)
- Electronic Warfare Integration Course (EWIC) – Cyberspace Operations Integration Course (COIC) – Information Operations Capabilities, Application, and Planning Course – Armed Forces Staff College(AFSC) Phase I & II
- School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS)
- Command and General Staff College (CGSC) Intermediate Level Education (ILE) or Service College Equivalent