We are looking for an energetic engineer who has broad experience in collaborating with other engineering disciplines to develop innovative solutions to meet customer needs. This position will add to the growing team at our Princess Anne, Maryland location and is intended to fulfill a systems engineering role to enhance our ability to provide suborbital rocket solutions to customers.
- The candidate will support our sounding rockets and targets group throughout all phases of a mission lifecycle, from requirements definition through design, production, integration and testing, to launch, for multiple DoD and commercial contracts.
- Candidates should overlay their experience and skills with the responsibilities and qualifications defined below.
- Candidates should address how they will overcome any apparent skill or experience gaps.
- Responsibilities may include:
- Develop program documentation including but not limited to process descriptions, procedures, system descriptions, technical presentations, and ISO documentation
- Conduct technology assessments and make recommendations for technology insertions in the areas of suborbital rocket flight and mission operations
- Perform trade study assessments and provide recommendations for preferred paths forward
- Support all mission life cycle reviews, review meeting briefings and deliverables, and participate i n review panels for system development projects and suborbital rocket missions.
- Provide technical consultation advice to mission managers and program staff regarding design issues, development and test approaches, and test result assessments
- Lead teams established by the program manager to conduct investigations of programmatic or task level problems and make recommendations for recovery plans
- Perform anomaly resolution investigations and/or special technical studies
- Coordinate functional analyses, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware specifications
- Develop Mission Requirements Matrices including stated, implied, and derived requirements from the customer
- Perform Interface Control activities to ensure that all applicable payload and launch vehicle interfaces are adequately assessed to verify that flight and GSE systems, subsystems, and components usage outside the flight experience envelope is identified and adequately assessed
- Ensure logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Provide technical consultation during proposal efforts for new business.
- Outstanding communication skills to include working with teams in remote locations and presenting technical material to technical and non-technical audiences
- Oversee system safety and mission safety activities – Familiar with tools such as DOORS, Jira, and MatLab
- Willingness to travel to customer locations for 3-5 days several times a year for meetings and presentations (depending on COVID-19 related travel restrictions)
- Bachelors Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering plus nine years of experience
- U.S Citizen and ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Willingness to travel to customer locations for 3-5 days several times a year for meetings and presentations (depending on COVID-19 related travel restrictions) Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of basic project management skills
- Background in NASA and/or DOD launch vehicles and/or satellite systems and experience with designing / assessing / evaluating components, subsystems and major systems; development and test of components, subsystems, and systems
- Knowledge of rocket flight ground and flight safety concepts and mission assurance requirements.
- Knowledge of rocket launch operations.
- Experience with systems safety engineering involving systems and facility safety engineering analyses and risk assessments in systems/facility engineering analyses and risk assessments in systems/ facility engineering or systems safety engineering with emphasis on safety analysis.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- US Citizenship w/ Secret eligibility