Our support of the VAs VistA and VistA Imaging configurations is funded by the VA through the Maintenance Service of VistA (MSV) contract. The MSV contract provides a 24×7 Expertise Center for the support of VistA and VistA Imaging. The business environment requires knowledgeable technical consultants with expertise in hardware, systems, and the VistA and VistA Imaging environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer interface skills to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Possess a high level of technical competence in order to resolve customers problems as efficiently and quickly as possible.
- Possess advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate functional knowledge of HPE, Dell, EMC, Cisco or Netapp hardware. (servers, storage)
- Demonstrate functional knowledge of storage technologies (RAID, Virtualization, Provisioning) and understanding of High Availability concepts and solutions
- Participation 24×7 help desk coverage.
- Provide phone and e-mail technical support for VistA imaging hardware and software solutions; includes both HPE and 3rd party products.
- Configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the following:
- HPE Proliant Server products
- HPE Storage products MSA2x00 series, 3Par Array
- Veritas BackupExec
- Microsoft Windows running Hyper-V and Clusters
- Communicate with third-party vendors and service providers as well as HPE service and support groups to coordinate resources and activities to ensure application/system/solution up-time and customer satisfaction.
- Serve on help desk during normal business and rotate standby hours to ensure 24×7 support availability
- Interact and coordinate with VAs support personnel, third party vendors, and HPE Customer Support Center to resolve customer issues.
- Support other team members with troubleshooting and analysis efforts.
- Engage in disaster recovery efforts.
- Maintain, configure, and support Microsoft based servers.
- Maintain, configure and support Enterprise storage solutions including traditional SAN storage such MSA, and 3par storage array and tape storage subsystems
- Work on VA test systems to verify technical solutions or help resolve technical issues.
- Stay current with the latest advisories for the components used in the VistA Imaging solution.
- Attend and participate in the monthly VistA Imaging conference calls.
- Prepare and present VistA Imaging topics during the VistA Imaging Monthly conference calls.
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD
- US Citizenship w/ Public Trust eligibility