Chantilly, Virginia or Washington, D.C.
Top Secret clearance with SCI and polygraph eligibility
Technology is constantly changing, and our adversaries are digitally exceeding law enforcement’s ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. In response to this, we are seeking a Data Engineer with experience in designing and developing technical solutions.
- Translate business needs into technical designs to support the full data lifecycle, including aligning current and anticipated future customer needs to the design decisions.
- Design, build, and maintain databases including evaluating considerations on hardware, software, and various architecture choices.
- Develop, execute, and apply quality control to database migration and integration projects.
- Evaluate reusability of current data for additional analyses and transform as necessary.
- Review storage schemas and system architectures to inform and implement better management and system performance.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related degree with six (6) years of relevant experience or have a MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related degree or eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- A high level of proficiency in SQL, Python, HBase, and doing development work in a service-oriented architecture.
- A high level of proficiency manipulating bulk data from industry standard formats such as XML, JSON, CSV, Parquet, etc.
- Basic proficiency with Java.
- Experience with TFS; JIRA, Java, C, C++, ASP.NET, C#, Open Source (GitHub, Google, Apache).
- Earned cloud certifications such as AWS Developer – Associate and / or AWS Big Data.
- Worked in an Agile environment.
- Worked on teams that practice Agile methodologies.
- A current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph.