The applicant will support a program that is investigating the informatics considerations around patient-level health information systems, principally in the context of addressing health information system’s needs in a global setting. The program focuses on both clinical and population health information needs, considering the dual perspectives of infectious disease and managed chronic care. The applicant designs and defines system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems. Determines systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware / software compatibility and maintenance of system security. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions. May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
- Collaborate with customer leadership to create software solutions that meet customer needs.
- Determine and develop approaches and architecture for technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems, with a focus on utilizing Health Information Exchange (HIE) as reference architecture in a global Public Health setting
- Design and support open source solutions including workflows, web services, micro services, and reporting services
- Create solution and architecture documentation, including mapping standards into existing workflows
- Perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes
- Ensure secure architecture and solution practices are adhered to in all phases of the secure development lifecycle
- Adopt both general information systems standards and specific health information systems standards where indicated by guidelines, strategy, or other requirements
- Interface and engage with internal and external stakeholders, including other technology experts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field in science or engineering with a minimum of 14 years of experience. 12 Years with Masters.
- 7+ years of experience working with contemporary practice in software design and construction, including agile development, team-based programming, test-driven development, and associated tooling
- 5+ years of experience designing, architecting, developing, and implementing HIE-based solutions with related components
- Experience with SOA environment, HIE, and distributed systems using both XML and RESTful API techniques
- Experience with development for Open Source applications that are found in health information systems in the global context. E.g. OpenMRS, OpenHIM, OpenEMPI
- Experience with standards and frameworks for health data exchange, e.g. HL7, FHIR, IHE profiles, OpenEHR
- Experience with solution design and development for Health Information Systems and health related data
- Sound understanding of open source development and open source development communities
- Formal training in health informatics (degree program or certificate)
- Experience with J2EE platform, object-relational data stores, and associated toolchains.
- Experience with using MS PowerBI
- Experience with the broad context of ICT4D (ICT for development), with health related applications preferred