We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and public health. This position will be located in Atlanta, GA and will become part of Northrop Grumman’s team that supports the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The qualified applicant manages small project teams in a matrixed environment from project inception through production deployment. The project manager serves as liaison between the CDC customer and the project team. Project Manager creates and manages project estimates and schedules, assesses project issues and risks, and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals. Project Manager monitors project progress, facilitates problem solving with project team, resource managers, and customers, and escalates issues when necessary.
- Manages multiple projects with complex interdependencies in a fast-paced environment and involving multiple stakeholders.
- Creates project charter and project schedule, facilitates internal and external stage gate reviews, and reports monthly project costs.
- Responsible for the administration, planning, scheduling, communications, problem resolution, deliverables, and delivery of assigned projects. Additional responsibilities may include budgeting, cost management, and financial reporting for assigned projects.
- Serves as Northrop Grumman primary point of contact to the CDC customers. Interacts with customers on project requirements, timelines, project status, deliverables, etc.
- Quickly assesses the landscape of customer needs and requirements across multiple stakeholders. Collaborates with the customer to capture initial requirements and work with senior technical leads to translate into a defined pipeline of projects to be planned and resourced.
- Develops estimates on size and duration of work required for individuals or team to deliver project requirements.
- Assigns tasks to team members, monitors progress and reports to customer and manager. Ensures quality of team's work and on-time completion. Manages workload across the team by assigning project work and other team tasks.
- Interfaces frequently with the customer and internal/external stakeholders to ensure client-satisfaction regarding project goals and objectives. Collaborates with the program manager on escalation and resolution of customer issues.
- Provide status and monthly reports regarding the tracking and delivery of project deliverables.
- Leads team meetings and maintains strong, positive interoffice and customer relations. Represents team in cross-organizational workgroups, communities of practice, project teams, etc. Collaborates with customer to define new projects and strategic initiatives.
- Leads project teams with agile methods and processes development team, including Team Foundation Server (TFS) and related tools.
- Works with senior technology leads to understand technology trends, techniques, and methodologies, incl. DevOps and DevSecOps and translate and adapt those to the CDC environment.
- Serves as mentor and point of contact for team members to escalate, coordinate, and resolve issues.
- Educates and mentors customers and team members, incl. junior project managers and project leads on project methodologies and agile development techniques.
- Serve as an advisor to the customer on information technology and project management issues.
- International and domestic travel may be required 1-2 times a year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Public Health or related field with 7-10 years of experience in a technology or public health environment.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP).
- 5 years technical and project management experience, including diverse experience in the development, integration, operations and/or maintenance of complex systems and technologies. Experience leading software / application development projects using the Agile/Scrum methodology, incl. DevOps or DevSecOps.
- 5 years of demonstrated project management, cost accounting, planning, organizing, staffing, reporting, coordinating, and directing all aspects of a project or a program from inception through completion.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities; flexibility.
- Superior oral and written communications skills, capable of translating and presenting complex technical and project management concepts to management and customers, through presentations and other written formats.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build and sustain strong customer relationships through superior delivery and bringing innovative thinking.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and turning gray areas into opportunities.
- Demonstrated aptitude and ability to scale the learning curve as evidenced by record of education, professional certifications, and a variety of experiences, especially in the project and program management fields.
- High levels of energy and superior follow-through abilities.
- Training/certification in Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum Master, DevOps, DevSecOps)
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with CDC or other federal agency’s governance and security processes
- Experience with implementing IT modernization initiatives, especially in the federal agency environment
- Healthcare industry experience, especially data integration and interoperability
- Previous consulting experience or experience supporting multiple projects and customers
- Previous CDC and/or Public Health experience or global health experience
- Open source technology development experience
- Interest in and passion for solving complex problems
- Understanding of and interest in public health and / or global health
- Experience with public health informatics projects in the federal or non-profit / university arena