The 5G Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, equipment procurement, field deployment, and field testing of a novel private 5G cellular network. Must reflect requirements into infrastructure and mobile component selection, define RF and network architecture and performance expectations, and develop/utilize network supervision and status tools and metrics. Also, must work with other team members to define, help develop and ensure interoperability of custom made UEs in the private network, handling and interpreting all aspects of PHY, MAC, RLC, PDCP, SDAP exchanges between UE and RAN, which could include: access, synchronization, cell selection, dual connectivity, MIMO modes, handovers, thresholds, and timers.
- Must be a solid team player working with a wide-skilled team of mechanical/RF/baseband/system and wireless standards engineers. At times will work in an individual contributor role/tasks with the majority of his/her time spent in technical coordination of the team and solution of system-wide problems.
- Must be an independent thinker solving problems with novel approaches and having an understanding of the broad expertise in place in all the established commercial wireless system solutions.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with Ph.D.
- Must have hands-on experience with commercial cellular technology products for RAN/core in the 4G/5G space and in-depth understanding of RAN protocols and techniques at all RAN layers. Signal Processing, RF design experience, and experience with cellular testing tools is a plus.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze the latest 3GPP standards specifications in LTE and NR Rel-15 and Rel-16. Must have field experience to make assessments, troubleshoot and analyze field data. Testing and Lab experience is a plus.
- Must have working experience in one or more of computing platforms for data manipulation and analysis: Matlab; Python, C/C++