We are looking for candidates with a strong interest in cyber security research and development for full-time positions in our Cyber Security research group.
Candidates will work with teams to research, conceive, and develop prototypes, and should be adept at identifying successful approaches to complex problems. Our projects span several areas of interest, including (but not limited to):
- Full-spectrum cyber operations, including CND, CNE, CNA, and CNO.
- Program analysis, including program understanding, vulnerability identification, and remediation
- Malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Resilient networking in support of cyber mission goals
- Autonomous agent development
- Software-defined networking for cyber defense and deception
- Cryptographic techniques for assured computation
- Symbolic logic and theorem proving for automating network configuration
- Application of formal methods for secure and resilient systems
- Application of mathematic, statistics, and linguistics to large data sets to uncover patterns, extract information and gain understanding
- Artificial intelligence (reasoning, probabilistic inference, machine learning
Research Engineers work as part of a team to design, implement, and test components of research prototypes and software systems aimed at solving cutting-edge cyber security research problems in the above areas. Research Engineers are expected to work collaboratively with teammates to execute tasks assigned by technical or team leads.
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with Ph.D.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or related scientific/engineering discipline.
- Ability and desire to quickly acquire knowledge of new subject matter areas
- Expertise in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, or similar languages
- Working knowledge of Linux, MacOS, Windows, and mobile operating systems, platforms, and internals
- Working knowledge of modern computer networking technologies
- Working knowledge of modern development practices and toolsets (Git, subversion, CI/CD toolchains)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Program Analysis
- Computer networking protocol design and/or analysis
- Compute and network emulation, containerization, and virtualization
- Reverse Engineering
- Real-Time Operating Systems
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
- Experience with one or more of the following classes of tools and frameworks:
- Binary Analysis Tools, such as GHIDRA, Hex-Rays IDA, Binary Ninja, Angr,
- Debugging and Sandboxing tools, such as Cuckoo sandbox, OllyDBG, WinDbg
- CNO toolsets, including Metasploit, Cobalt Strike
- Network emulation frameworks including CORE, EMANE, MiniNet
- Container and Orchestration solutions, including Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Cloud services experience (AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- Experience with DevOps and Agile development methodologies
- Experience in the U.S. DoD/IC research community
- CNO operational experience