This role will serve as part of the team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with the implementation, integration and sustainment of a fully integrated supply chain solution that provides the full spectrum of medical logistics. The Supply Chain delivers clinical care to Veterans by managing the logistics and flow of supplies and equipment. Supply Chain Management (SCM) ensures that the right equipment and supplies are available when needed, and the Supply Chain Management Product Line (SCM PL) encompasses the activities to procure resources, manage supplies, and deliver goods and services to providers and patients. This team will be focused on implementing a scalable to support accelerated site deployment, while at the same time supporting integration with additional VA systems and sustainment of current integrations. The team will have a blend of specific expertise and experience in SAFe Agile, Product Management, Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps), engineering, and Data Migration.
The Business Architect will drive the strategic business vision for this program and is responsible for ensuring business goals and desired outcomes are addressed. They are the primary liaison between the customer business team and the SAFe Agile implementation team, ensuring that there is a clear understanding of desired business outcomes. In addition, this role supports and helps to drive the definition of business goals and associated improvement metrics, owns business process reengineering, and ensures that business goals and metrics are addressed appropriately via process reengineering, the system implementation, or via additional methods.
- Perform data analysis through the IT project managers on project status and conduct ongoing business process improvement recommendations on decision based facts;
- Provide expert advice, assistance, guidance and IT consulting in support of the OCIO
- Review strategic plans, roadmaps and project plans to assess gaps and needs across the enterprise
- Develop future plans based on gap analysis and create a transition plan
- Develop business process models to demonstrate relationships and processes
- Provide suggestions and draft new policies as required
- Develop concept of operations to document enterprise standards
- Support enterprise governance processes by making recommendations to the structure, policies and planning
- Assist in Integrated Project Team (IPT) and working group establishment and coordination
- Provide a Recommended Approach for Remedies
- Provide executive briefings and updates
- Provide recommendations for and updates to Processes, Procedures and Policies
- Develop technical documentation and process flows, and prepare clear, accurate reports; Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships.
- 10 years of IT experience
- 5 years as Business / Functional Analyst
- Knowledgeable in or capable of but not limited to the following: Requirements and workflow analysis; Facilitation and coordination of meetings; Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; Process Review, Analysis and Modeling; Customer Surveys and Interviews; and Gap Analysis and Studies.
- Experience in business process re-engineering, requirements definition, and workflow analysis, reviews, analyzes, and evaluates stakeholder needs
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) highly desired
- Experience in program/project management lifecycle processes with extensive knowledge on program/project performance management.
- Knowledge and experience of MS Office products required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to convey statistical analysis to nontechnical users
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical, decision-making, time management and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with client specific solution components, such as Defense Medical Logistics Standard Solution (DMLSS), Military Health Services (MHS) GENESIS, LogiCole, Cerner Millennium and/or InterSystems (HealthConnect/IRIS/HealthShare), would be helpful
- Masters Degree in Business discipline (or Bachelors Degree w/10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Must be able to achieve a moderate (Tier 2) VA position of trust.