We are seeking a Data Engineer to support a mission critical customer.
- Employ analytic methodologies to identify patterns and relationships in Cyber event and log data.
- Make recommendations on standards for a common Cyber data model and standards for harmonization of common data elements on data ingest.
- Review and assess efficacy of data model following implementation of recommendations.
- Experience in Agile software development project methodologies,
- Experience data normalization/harmonization.
- Experience analyzing unstructured and semi-structured data, including entity identification, and tagging, and data normalization/harmonization.
- Strong technical and computational skills, coupled with the ability relate data to use cases, mission requirements, and end-user experience.
- Experience with software development, including as an open-source enterprise software development stack (Java/Linux/Ruby/Python).
- Air Force or US Cyber Command experience
- Understanding of enterprise-level data analysis, machine-learning, operations research, modeling, and business/mission intelligence tools. Developing, implementing, integrating, and evaluating IC data architecture-related projects.
- Experience with Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM) software and Tenable/Nessus or other security scanning, data collection and analysis tools.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana and the Elastic Common Schema.
- Experience in visualization of large-scale analysis and presentation of data.
- Experience with cloud concepts and big data architectures including Hadoop, Accumulo, Kafka, etc.
- Experience using advanced tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict, and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Active Secret clearance required