We drive missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. We serve as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the “can’t be done”, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are searching for a Consulting Engineer Systems Architect to join our Global Health and Financial Solutions Sector to support our IRS contract. This position will be in Lanham, Maryland.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Individual will conduct functional and/or integration testing of multiple programs in a client/server and/or IBM mainframe environment.
- Programs typically support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax processing pipeline and master file systems.
- Individual will use IRS or Contractor-developed documentation to construct test cases with predetermined results and test data to verify program functionality and/or interfaces through assigned systems.
- Individual will review output to determine whether the test results fulfill the established requirements, and if necessary, notify the responsible programmers, both orally and in writing, of errors, omissions, and inconsistencies in the programs and/or documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 6+ years of progressive IT experience.
- 3+ years of automated software testing experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with Greenplum Database
- Extensive experience working with PostgreSQL 9.4+, SQL, PL/pgSQL, and PgAdmin 4
- Experience developing, training, and validating fraud detection models using Cross-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining (CRISP-DM)
- 3+ years of experience building solutions with FICO Blaze Advisor business rules management system
- Working knowledge of SAS Fraud Management suite
- 2+ years of experience building data analytics solutions with Python 3.x
- Knowledge of data security best practices and information risk management practices.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe) and supporting tools (e.g., Jira, Advanced Roadmaps, etc.).
- Proficiency with the Rational suite of tools (Rational Quality Manager (RQM) and Rational Functional Tester (RFT))
- Extensive experience with Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) workflows using various data transformation formats (JSON, XML, CSV, etc.).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Investigation, U.S. citizenship or a minimum 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S. required.
- Experience with IRS’s Return Review Program (RRP).
- Possession of a current IRS background investigation.
- 3+ years of experience building data analytics solutions with Python 3.x.
- AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty, AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty, or AWS Certified Machine Learning – Specialty certification; alternatively, immersive experience working with several of the following AWS services: EC2, S3, Kinesis, Redshift, Elasticsearch, Athena, Glue, MSK, and EMR.
- Experience developing data ingestion workflows with Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, or Flink.
- 3+ years of experience using big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and NiFi.
- 3+ years of experience developing data solutions with Python.
- Familiarity with data lineage and provenance, data governance, and master data management (MDM).
- Proficiency with Informatica PowerCenter and Data Validation Option (DVO) tool.
- Proficiency with SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise (BOE).
- Experience with IRS tax administration systems.