We drive missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. We serve as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are searching for a Consulting Engineer Systems Architect to join our Global Health and Financial Solutions Sector to support our IRS contract. This position will be located in Lanham, Maryland.
- Designs and develops system architectures and defines key capabilities and performance requirements in alignment with IRS Strategy objectives and technology roadmaps.
- Evaluate systems and technologies through analyses of alternatives (AoAs), operational analyses (OAs) of business systems, and proofs of concepts (POCs) and recommend products and technologies to implement the enterprise data platform.
- Defines design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications.
- Develops thorough definition of system external interfaces.
- Defines system implementation approach and operational concept
- Ensures requirements are met and evaluates performance with customer.
- 20+ Years with Bachelors in Science; 16+ Years with Masters; 14+ Years with PhD.
- Ability to obtain a Minimum Risk Background Investigation (MBI) security clearance, U.S. citizenship or a minimum 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S. required
- Knowledge of data security best practices and information risk management practices.
- Extensive experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe) and supporting tools (e.g., Jira, Advanced Roadmaps, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience working in a Linux (RHEL, etc.) environment.
- Familiarity with data lineage and provenance, data governance, and master data management (MDM).
- Experience with CLOUD in the following areas: Cloud Application, Cloud Description: IEP Service Desk, Cloud Provider: ServiceNow, Cloud Service Model: Saa, Cloud Deployment Model: Public
- Experience with IRS Integrated Enterprise Portal (IEP)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification; alternatively, immersive experience working with several of the following AWS services: EC2, S3, RDS, Aurora, Redshift, DocumentDB, and ElastiCache.
- Experience building microservice architecture (MSA) solutions using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience developing adaptable data ingestion and enrichment pipelines to support new and evolving data sources, formats, and schemas.
- Experience building continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.