This role will serve as part of the operations team helping to modernize and sustain the Defense Health Agency's IT infrastructure to provide standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services. This position lies in the integration layer of the Service Integration and Management (SIAM) model, overseeing the operation and sustainment of the enterprise supporting military and civilian government end-users worldwide. The Service Management Systems (SMS) Implementation Architect will help plan and deploy the technology and systems supporting the transition and management of 600+ military treatment facilities into Service Provider roles. This role provides the technical oversight of the Service Integration effort for the implementation and configuration of systems providing input, oversight, and analytics for the management of the enterprise. The SMS Implementation Architect will work with the Chief Architect to facilitate the implementation of technology changes to facilitate the SIAM model.
- Understand the military health care business and the impact of the ecosystem on its ability to succeed
- Support the organizational change initiatives required to transition the customers operations to the commercial-based SIAM ecosystem model Manage the transition and design of the SIAM organization to an operational state, including any required staffing, processes, and strategic direction
- Oversee the technical implementation of systems supporting the SIAM Service Management Practices including Architecture Management.
- Optimize the overall operation of the ecosystem services, managed service providers, and processes to create and increase value for the customer Engage with the customer at the enterprise architecture level to strategically align the demand for new technical capabilities and the services provided the ecosystem
- Collaborate with other ecosystem support functions such as Integrated Operations, and the Integrated Service Center to manage the cross-functional processes required for seamless service delivery
- Support the CSI program through identification and implementation of opportunities to improve service performance
- Serve as a main solution developer and technical advisor for the engineering and IT services delivery and management
- Act as the primary point of contact for implementation and configuration of technology in support of the integration model
- Lead the development and definition of a technology vision, solutions and implementation for projects and opportunities within the service environment Support business development with scope, goals, deliverables, costs, timescales, plans, dependencies, resource requirements and milestones for potential new business
- Directly support the Program Manager and Deputy to ensure that all SIAM programmatic level responsibilities (e. g., staffing, programmatic deliverables, monthly reporting, ad hoc requests, etc.) are completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner
- Manage teams with well-defined scope, including directing daily work activities/priorities, people recruitment and development, cost management, and direction-setting within the area of responsibility.
- Manage team and individual performance
- Resolve/monitor customer escalations as appropriate Establish and manage relationships with customer subject matter experts and appropriate customer management, with an objective of maintaining and building the business.
- Leader in IT systems implementation and delivery
- Familiarity with MSI and SIAM operations and how delivery interacts
- Lead managed IT infrastructure service transitions
- Familiarity with IT Service Management toolsets such as ServiceNow and Remedy
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in ServiceNow implementation
- Experience implementing ServiceNow ITSM, ITOM, and ITBM modules
- Experience configuring ServiceNow in an MSI/SIAM framework.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience and leadership in IT Architecture
- Experience leading large teams in a matrixed management structure
- Demonstrated experience producing programmatic deliverables
- Demonstrated experience with facets of personnel management
- Experience of performance data analysis of ITIL processes
- Skilled at working collaboratively in a complex environment and driving performance achievement and improvements
- Data-driven mindset of service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Understanding of DOD program and risk management practices
- Ability to communicate across communities with exceptional written and oral communications skills, including executive-level presentations
- Leadership experience with diverse, multi-domain, distributed teams and multiple simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated experience managing complex IT infrastructure and developing scalable enterprise technology strategies across multiple platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 10 years of progressive experience demonstrating the required proficiency.
- Master's degree in a relevant field and 8 years of progressive experience demonstrating the required proficiency
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certified (Higher ITIL v4 certifications preferred)
- ISC2 CISSP or equivalent
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) in ITSM and ITOM
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.