We have an immediate need for a Virtualization Administrator to work out of our Offutt AFB,NE in the ITCC II CTR location.
In this role you will be responsible for the following
- A Virtualization Administrator is responsible for ensuring security and compliance, troubleshooting potential issues and effectively communicating and addressing any problems throughout the development and day-to-day management of the virtual infrastructure.
- Monitor hardware for issues and failures using vRealize Operations (vROPS), vCenter, Dell OpenManage Essentials (OME), Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), and various other tools
- Troubleshoot vSphere issues with vROPS, vRealize Log Insight (vRLI), VMware NSX, and vRealize Network Insight (vRNI)
- Patch hypervisors/vSAN (Virtual Storage Area Network) components and all associated platforms to include Dell PowerEdge, Cisco UCS, HPE Proliant, and Oracle Blade Chassis
- Identify and develop efficient processes, procedures, and automation capabilities by leveraging tools such as PowerCLI, Redhat Satellite and Ansible
- Create and update documentation to include work instructions, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and checklists
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Must obtain/maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP) within 120 Days of hire
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- VMware Certified
- Microsoft Certified
- Red Hat Certified