We are currently seeking an experienced Operations Research Analyst / Principal Operations Research Analyst with Joint Deployment and Distribution Enterprise (JDDE) experience/knowledge to work in the Joint Distribution Process Analysis Center (JDPAC) at USTRANSCOM with a mission to provide analysis support to improve the nation's ability to move and sustain our forces throughout the globe. We have openings for Junior through Principal level positions. This position is located at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
This position will:
- Provide support for Research, Development, Testing & Evaluation (RDT&E) for Modeling, Simulation & Optimization (MS&O) applications and prototypes produced in support of or being adapted for Joint Deployment and Distribution Enterprise (JDDE) movement processes.
- Support data analysis to ensure all designated ongoing and future RDT&E, Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS), and Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) MS&O applications progress to meet USTRANSCOM objectives.
- Provide tool design, testing, and development expertise for MS&O capability development and implementation.
- Assist with integration and transition of designated MS&O prototypes to support USTRANSCOM operational processes as required.
- Write reports documenting data analysis, tool design and development, and test results.
As an ORSA, you will analyze actual and predictable interacting operational activities of the business to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques. You will devise modeling and measuring techniques; utilize mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.), and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines.
You will provide analytic and model expertise to select data sources and incorporate data with modeling to provide replication of real-world model outputs for programmatic analysis to include such support as analytic support to command and DoD for Joint Deployment and Distribution Enterprise (JDDE) mobility assessments in preparation of DoD scenarios.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or similar fields with a minimum of 2 years’ related experience or Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding and experience with MS Excel.
- Understanding and familiarity with the Joint Deployment and Distribution Enterprise either as a former operator, planner, or enabling support function.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment with frequent customer contact and have excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Master’s degree
- Expert knowledge, understanding, and experience with the Joint Deployment and Distribution Enterprise (JDDE)
- Experience/expertise with VBA programming
- Experience/expertise with MS Access
- Experience/expertise with R programming language
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.