We are looking for a highly-skilled, dedicated, and motivated professionals to join our team supporting the Joint Distribution Process Analysis Center (JDPAC) at the United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM).
We have openings for junior through Senior Principal Data Scientist to support the core Enterprise Data Sciences (EDS) team in its mission to advance decision-making for the command by applying data science tools and methods to support USTRANSCOM’s ability to project and sustain combat power at a time and place of the Nation’s choosing. The right candidate will leverage their experience and knowledge to lead statistical and modeling projects covering a wide range of operational and business needs to transform USTRANSCOM into a data-driven enterprise.
This position is located at Scott AFB, IL.
- Lead projects to support the USTRANSCOM Enterprise Data Sciences (EDS) team
- Gather requirements, design, develop, deploy, and validate advanced data science algorithms
- Interpret large amounts of data with advanced approaches using sophisticated analytical and data visualization software or tools to discover patterns in data
- Provide insight and expertise to the team when developing processes to manage the lifecycle of data science tools
- Integrate cross-functional and cross-domain solution sets and create/maintain an analytic reuse library to include analytic code, artifact description, implementation documentation, and examples of usage.
- Package the algorithms into solutions for use by leaders, operators, and analysts.
- Communicate advanced concepts and information in an understandable manner for audiences of varying levels of competency
- Apply strong personal skills to lead and nurture project team members
- Develop and maintain professional relationships to support USTRANSCOM
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology trends
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with 5-9 years relevant experience, or Master’s degree with 4-7 years experience, or a Ph.D. with 2-4 years experience
- Experience with the development and implementation of enterprise-level data science solutions
- Advanced knowledge in various machine learning methods including classification, regression, neural networks, deep learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Expert-level skills in Python.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and innovative ideas.
- Possess a collaborative, team-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with one more of the following: R, SQL, Git, Cognos, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience performing DevOps (build, deployment, integration validation, and monitoring)
- Familiarity with USTRANSCOM processes and systems
- U.S. citizen and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance (interim clearance required to commence task work)