This role will serve as part of the team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with the implementation, integration and sustainment of a fully integrated supply chain solution that provides the full spectrum of medical logistics. The Supply Chain delivers clinical care to Veterans by managing the logistics and flow of supplies and equipment. Supply Chain Management (SCM) ensures that the right equipment and supplies are available when needed, and the Supply Chain Management Product Line (SCM PL) encompasses the activities to procure resources, manage supplies, and deliver goods and services to providers and patients.
This team will be focused on implementing a scalable to support accelerated site deployment, while at the same time supporting integration with additional VA systems and sustainment of current integrations.
The team will have a blend of specific expertise and experience in SAFe Agile, Product Management, Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps), engineering, and Data Migration.
The Data Architect will support a large, business analysis and management support services contract serving as support to agency Data Strategist with Project Management, Governance, and Data Management support.
- Develop, review, and analyze project management documents that include but not limited to Project Charters, Project Management Plans and supporting plans, Risk Management Plans, Communication/Training Plans, Business Cases etc. according to organizational standards
- Formulating and defining strategies, business processes, system scope, and objectives for programs and projects through research and fact-finding activities.
- Approve or modify existing data system design and architecture plans and documentation to ensure forward compatibility and compliance with established standards
- Further mature team by documenting and formalizing the data intake process and integration with Demand Intake.
- Support the enhancement of the Data Literacy effort.
- Assist with the acquisition and implementation of a robust data catalog solution.
- Strategize and operationalize a Target Data Ecosystem.
- Maintain and present project status reports, seeking direction from management, as appropriate.
- 5-10 years of IT experience
- 5 years of data enterprise, governance and infrastructure experience coordinating operations of multiple technical environments with cross functional teams, including network engineering, operations, support, and facilities management.
- Demonstrated experience of current infrastructure concepts including but not limited to servers, database management, storage, networks, data centers and monitoring in a fast paced, high availability environment.
- Demonstrated experience defining data architecture frameworks, standards, and principles, including modeling, metadata, security, master data and reference data.
- Demonstrated experience defining data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition.
- Expert ability in using model-based representations and other high level modeling techniques, oral and written communications, and situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to recognize and recommend improvements to structural issues within an organization, functional interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies.
- Experience with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- Familiarity with Cloud, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be helpful
- Familiarity with client specific solution components, such as Defense Medical Logistics Standard Solution (DMLSS), Military Health Services (MHS) GENESIS, LogiCole, Cerner Millennium and/or InterSystems (HealthConnect/IRIS/HealthShare), would be helpful
- Master’s degree in computer science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline (or bachelor’s degree w/10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Certified SAFe Architect (ARCH)
- IBM Certified Deployment Professional – Maximo Asset Management (CDP-MAM)
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a moderate (Tier 2) VA position of trust.