We are seeking a motivated professional to join our team as a Senior Test Engineer. This position will be located in Springfield, VA.
The NGA Research Directorate requires Senior-level SAR Test Systems Engineers assist in leading Application, System, and Integration Testing teams performing test and evaluation of SAR exploitation algorithms within the GEOINT enterprise to ensure timely, relevant, and accurate GEOINT. Supporting all phases of Test and Evaluation, the Engineer will deliver relevant algorithmic characterization in support of NGA Research objectives.
- Performing algorithm performance evaluations and testing of software modules utilizing metrics established by the government.
- Development of Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, Algorithm Test Metrics, and T&E Reports
- Performs independent integration testing on the system software to determine the system’s capabilities and interface requirements
- Plans and executes manual tests and automated tests using scripting and programming languages and/or GFI tools.
- Supports technical investigations for defects discovered during test activities.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Senior level work experience as a Test Systems Engineer.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Test & Evaluation concepts, procedures, and best practices related to GEOINT machine learning relevant to change detection, recognition, and pre-screening capabilities.
- Knowledge of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) concepts, capabilities, and end user operational employment of SAR and derived datasets.
- Working experience with test management and defect tracking tools
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Frameworks.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance with CI Poly eligibility is required. In addition, the selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued