We are looking for a Budget Analyst to provide support for a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) program. The ideal candidate has extensive budget knowledge, strong communication skills, previous experience in a similar role, and is enthusiastic about being part of a mission-critical team.
- Proven ability to lead and manage projects to successful completion of project objectives; Create clarity in the face of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Work closely with Project Leaders and Government Program Analysts to gather and review budget and program information.
- Prepare multi-year budget and programmatic plans.
- Enter transactions into General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) including Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs), 7600 Financial Agreements, Standard Procurement System (SPS) documents, travel, and supplies.
- Support processes for 7600 Financial Agreements, credit card purchases, and unliquidated obligations (ULOs).
- Create purchase requests in Logistics Modernization Program (LMP) and SPS (within GFEBS) from external funding sources.
- Monitor, evaluate, and track prior and current FY budget data by addressing important budget elements such as cost overages and fund the obligations to support contractor billing, and moving funds from a base year to an option year.
- Provide daily program budget documentation support, using internal and external databases, and understand the importance of accurate and timely documentation.
- Research contract and analyze accruals, disbursements, and expenditures using Electronic Document Access (EDA) and Operational Data Store (ODS) for data support.
- Create Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and obligations reimbursable and direct cite (PO).
- Knowledge of Automated Time and Attendance Production System (ATAAPS) and Labor accountability.
- Provide support using the Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Provide research and analysis for assigned projects.
- Use data sources to identify programmatic information.
- Other duties as assigned to support customer’s priorities.
- 3-5 years of budget planning and execution, and program management experience
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or similar role
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Government Accounting systems, for example, Financial Integrated Report Environment (FIRE), GFEBS, LMP, Wide Area Workflow (WAWF), Mechanization of Contract Administration Services (MOCAS), Shared Data Warehouse (SDW), and Defense Travel Systems (DTS).
- Knowledge of MIPRs, 7600s, and incremental funding
- Must have strong experience working with financial data in Excel -- developing financial models and tracking financial data.
- Proven ability to multi-task across priorities
- Demonstrated track record of successfully planning and managing, and executing complex tasks
- Strong stakeholder management experience with Federal clients
- Experience following project policies and procedures
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail, and excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, finance, or related field
- Experience working as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR)
- Experience working with Federal clients
- Experience working with Oracle databases
- Active Secret security clearance