We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and motivated Security Analysts to join our team in supporting the Network Engineering Design Implementation & Infrastructure Support (NEDIIS) project within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). NEDIIS is an IT mission critical program that provides technical support services for VA Corporate Data Centers, VA Network Operations Center (NOC), Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) Gateways, and Business Partner Extranet (BPE). The work includes all security related activities necessary to design, implement, maintain, operate and improve the VA enterprise network security and network transportation services, including core, distribution and access layers. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Initiate, collect, and process required security documentation to obtain and maintain ATOs
- Provide technical security system engineering support for analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of Visibility Security Systems such as Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS), Log aggregation Systems and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Support Certification and Accreditation audits (Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and renewing/obtaining ATOs (Authority to Operate)
- Provide weekly and monthly Network and Security Visibility Support Activity Report with Network and Security Visibility Support activities, issues, risks, recommendations and mitigations
- Establish processes to assess, plan and achieve full compliance with the latest Binding Operational Directives (BODs) and Emergency Directives (ED) by DHS (Department of Homeland Security)
- Assess, plan, and achieve full compliance to new or updated BODs/EDs as they are released.
- Support and enforce VA security policies and practices
- Support DHS (Department of Homeland Security) initiatives and compliance efforts
- Support VA cloud security initiatives and ensure they comply with TIC (Trusted Internet Connection) and FEDRAMP policies
- Ensure all implemented devices in VA NOC Infrastructure and TIC Gateway system configurations meet VA Security Requirements and are installed in accordance with applicable VA Policy
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma with 6 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in FISMA, FedRAMP and ATO processes
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
- One or more the following certifications: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Familiarity with a variety of network technologies and solution architectures
- Agile Development Methodologies
- Demonstrated success working individually
- Prior Federal government agency customer experience.