This role will serve as part of the team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with the implementation, integration and sustainment of a fully integrated supply chain solution that provides the full spectrum of medical logistics. The Supply Chain delivers clinical care to Veterans by managing the logistics and flow of supplies and equipment. Supply Chain Management (SCM) ensures that the right equipment and supplies are available when needed, and the Supply Chain Management Product Line (SCM PL) encompasses the activities to procure resources, manage supplies, and deliver goods and services to providers and patients.
This team will be focused on implementing a scalable to support accelerated site deployment, while at the same time supporting integration with additional VA systems and sustainment of current integrations.
The team will have a blend of specific expertise and experience in SAFe Agile, Product Management, Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps), engineering, and Data Migration.
The Solution System Architect/Engineer has extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture. This individual will oversee the development team, manage the full life cycle of the software development process and has thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
- 15 years of IT experience
- Demonstrated success as a Software/Systems Architect, showing a track record of planning, designing, and implementing large software systems
- Experience with Enterprise security solutions
- Experience with modeling and modeling tools
- Experience designing large systems with multiple internal and external interfaces using varied interface methods
- Experience with designing and defining data standards for data elements, data flows and data transformation
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
- Extensive coding and unit testing experience Java, .Net
- Git, Docker, Maven, Jira, CI/CD
- Oracle and Postgres databases
- AWS Cloud
- Data transformation across systems
- Experience designing systems that comply with government security and privacy requirements
- Responsible for supporting the transitioning from an Agile state to SAFe
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and client-facing skills with experience interfacing senior government officials
- Experience developing and reviewing project documentation, such as System Design Documents
- Familiarity with client specific solution components, such as Defense Medical Logistics Standard Solution (DMLSS), Military Health Services (MHS) GENESIS, LogiCole, Cerner Millennium and/or InterSystems (HealthConnect/IRIS/HealthShare), would be helpful
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline (or Bachelors Degree w/10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Have or Obtain For Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect (Professional) or DevOps Engineer (Professional)
- Have or Obtain For Microsoft Azure Government (MAG) Azure Solutions – Architect (Expert) or Azure DevOps Engineer (Expert)
- Must be Certified SAFe Architect (ARCH)
- Must be able to achieve a moderate (Tier 2) VA position of trust.
- Extensive experience in taking program requirements and can create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems.
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices.
- Possess an expert understanding of the as-is architecture of all systems in the program
- Possess knowledge of VA Enterprise Architecture objectives and ensure the program is in alignment
- Review Technical Reference Model (TRM) to ensure all system elements are approved and design architecture that ensures continued compliance
- Blueprint, design, trace, validate and document the to-be state of the system with user input
- Create system designs that include system schematics, including system and subsystem performance-based descriptions and key interfaces between them, and interfaces to the existing software interfaces
- Ability to work with a blended team of system administrators, network administrators, 3rd party engineers and VA staff to achieve solution objectives.
- Capable of rolling up the sleeves and working with 3rd party engineers to deploy, configure and test enterprise solution.
- Create the following architecture artifacts: design simulations, conceptual diagrams, and working reference models