This role will serve as part of the team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with the implementation, integration and sustainment of a fully integrated supply chain solution that provides the full spectrum of medical logistics. The Supply Chain delivers clinical care to Veterans by managing the logistics and flow of supplies and equipment. Supply Chain Management (SCM) ensures that the right equipment and supplies are available when needed, and the Supply Chain Management Product Line (SCM PL) encompasses the activities to procure resources, manage supplies, and deliver goods and services to providers and patients.
This team will be focused on implementing a scalable to support accelerated site deployment, while at the same time supporting integration with additional VA systems and sustainment of current integrations.
The team will have a blend of specific expertise and experience in SAFe Agile, Product Management, Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps), engineering, and Data Migration.
We are seeking a Senior DevSecOps Security Engineer who is creative, client focused, and has strong technical aptitude combined with a track record of successful technical software delivery within the health information industry.
- 10 years of IT experience
- 3-5 years of DevSecOps experience
- Experience with integration of complex systems.
- Experience with SQA Integration and development.
- Familiarity with federal government Cloud implementations, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS) and / or Microsoft Azure, would be helpful
- Familiarity with client specific solution components, such as Defense Medical Logistics Standard Solution (DMLSS), Military Health Services (MHS) GENESIS, LogiCole, Cerner Millennium and/or InterSystems (HealthConnect/IRIS/HealthShare), would be helpful
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline (or Bachelors Degree w/10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- For AWS Solutions Architect (Associate) or Developer (Associate).
- For MAG Azure Solutions Architect (Associate) or Azure Developer (Associate)
- And International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2 (Certified Information System Security Professional)
- Must be able to achieve a moderate (Tier 2) VA position of trust.
- Experience developing and delivering software on Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud services using Infrastructure as Code.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, System Administration, and its deployment in virtual environments.
- Experience developing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines.
- Experience with Git and configuration management processes.
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks, e.g. Inspec, Selenium, Cucumber, Junit.
- Experience integrating with identity management, access management, and authorization solutions (PKI, LDAP, OAUTH, OpenID).
- Understanding of agile development practices, including Agile Scrum methodologies and/or SAFe.
- Knowledge of VA processes, policies and guidance.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, open, and unclassified office work environment.
- Experience providing security, system or network administration