We are seeking a Chief Engineer/Cloud Solutions Architect to support its mission critical customer in Quantico, VA.
- Interact daily with both government staff and contractors and provide technical support to government staff, engineers, and technicians. The CE shall be capable of collaborating on designs, able to assist with requirement deconstruction and review work products to ensure sound technical solutions. The CE shall collaborate with the PM to reach back into their corporate structure to obtain technical and personal resources.
- Provide technical leadership in the planning, investigation, design, implementation and management of cloud-based infrastructure systems.
- Collaborate closely with the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, automated infrastructure and Code Developer, and Software Engineers, details below, to ensure an integrated solution.
- Determine user requirements and design specs for cloud based (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.) IaaS systems.
- Create plans to ensure necessary maintenance to support system health is performed regularly.
- Plan, schedule and conduct the deployment of new Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and associated operating systems and software applications.
- Design and conduct tests and evaluations of Iaas systems. Analyze and implement available services through modeling.
- Perform system-level design and configuration of products including determination of cloud computer unit, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Evaluate service offerings from providers and make recommendations to the government regarding integration of these technologies into the existing network.
- Provide solutions that incorporate concepts across engineering disciplines and environments.
- Influence team members, the customer, and vendors to refine, analyze, and provide solutions for the customers server, storage, and application requirements.
- Prepare complex work prints and schematics to define and illustrate infrastructure deployment and solutions.
- ID and recommend new design tools for use in new infrastructure projects.
- Participate in and influence marketing proposals and studies by providing costing models, reports, and technical solutions for infrastructure project.
- Plan, design, and implement network management reports to monitor, diagnose, control, and measure performances of IaaS assets
- ID, analyze, and recommend new infra admin systems to ensure accurate systems inventory and timely implementation
- Evaluate and assess new/updated apps for integration int XXX system
- BA degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, and/or Network Administration from an accredited university/college with 10 years experience; MA degree in Computer Science or related with 7 years experience; PhD in Computer Science or related discipline with 4 years experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to collect requirements and turn them into designs and action plans for teams to execute.
- Capable of reviewing technical capabilities for use with new requirements.
- Ablility to design, deploy, and maintain AWS capabilities such as Elastic Computer Cloud (EC2)m Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloudwatch, AWS Identity, and Access Management.
- Experience integrating multiple services from cloud providers into all operational system.
- Understanding of software defined networking concepts.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC). Strong leadership and communication skills are critical