We are seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to support its mission critical customer in Quantico, VA.
- Provide technical leadership in maintaining and enhancing cloud based infrastructure system.
- Determine user requirements and design specifications for cloud based (AWS, Google Cloud) IaaS systems.
- Create plans to ensure necessary maintenance to support system health is performed regularly.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the deployment of new Virtual private Servers (CPS) and associated operating systems, and software applications.
- Design and conduct tests and evaluations of IaaS systems. Analyze and implement available servers through modeling.
- Perform system-level design and configuration of products including determination of cloud computer unit, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Evaluate service offerings from providers and make recommendations to the government regularly integration of these technologies into the existing network.
- Provide solutions that incorporate concepts across engineering disciplines and environments.
- Prepare complex work prints and schematics to define and illustrate infrastructure deployments and solutions.
- Plan, design, and implement network management systems to monitor, diagnose, control, and measure performance of IaaS assets
- Identify, analyze, and recommend new infrastructure administrative systems to ensure accurate systems inventory and timely explanation
- Evaluate and assess new or updated applications for integration into the enterprise XXX system.
- BA degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security and/or Network Administration from an accredited university/college with 5 years’ experience; MA degree in Computer Science or related with 3 years; PhD in Computer Science or related discipline with 2 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to design, deploy and maintain AWS capabilities such as Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), CloudWatch, AWS Identity and Accom Management.
- Experience integrating multiple services from cloud provider into an operational system.
- Understanding of software defined networking concepts.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts.