The ideal candidate will become the Enterprise Systems Monitoring Engineering Team which is comprised of technical staff responsible for deploying and maintaining the monitoring tools in use at ESM. We are looking for an individual who is proficient in Linux and Windows in addition to having an expertise in monitoring and the tools that are in use at ESM. This position will support Enterprise Systems Monitoring and the Zabbix monitoring tools that monitors 600 applications, over 14,000 servers, and 30,000 network devices.
- Installing, sizing, configuring, and maintaining a large scale Zabbix environment.
- Engineer and support the integration of enterprise level monitoring tools which include:
- Server Monitoring – Zabbix
- Network Monitoring – Zabbix
- Internal Web Application Monitoring – SolarWinds WPM and Zabbix
- External Web Application Monitoring – Neustar WPM
- Application Performance Monitoring – AppDynamics
- Alert Management – Everbridge
- Event Management – Splunk ITSI
- Metric collection, analysis, and reporting – Splunk
- Dashboards – Splunk, Web Development, Symon
- Responsible for capturing critical component failures that negatively impact production and revenue. The monitors that the ESM SME contractors are responsible for supporting include:
- SNMP poller configuration
- Integrating Zabbix with other applications, i.e. ServiceNow
- Network Device Utilization
- Network Device Availability
- Network Device Health
- Automation of Network circuit changes
- Network I/O Rates
- CPU Utilization
- CPU Workload by User Process
- Memory Utilization
- Memory Paging
- Disk Utilization
- Disk I/O Rates
- Deploy and maintain ESM tools (example – ADDM)
- Application Alerting Blackouts
- Synthetic Transaction Recording
- Change and Enhancement Requests
- End User Training
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 6 years’ experience. An additional 4 years of directly-related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience directly related to architecting or engineering of monitoring solutions for use within a large enterprise.
- Experience in Network Monitoring Tool development such as Zabbix , PRTG, Datadog, Dynatrace, Nagios etc
- Solid knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems. Must be equally comfortable working in GUI and CLI environments.
- Experience using monitoring tools in any type of target environment (application, hardware, network, operating system, or application) and responding to system alerts.
- Thorough understanding of SNMP and networking.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years.
- Experience developing business and IT KPI’s for monitoring systems and applications.
- Experience monitoring solutions in cross-platform (Windows/Linux) implementations.
- U.S. Citizenship w/ Public Trust Eligibility