This position is responsible and accountable for the “advise to manage” portion of the enterprise architecture while supporting Chief Technology Architect (CTA), Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Technology Office in the “strategy to technology” portion. The EAA shall work directly with CTA and Technology Office to review business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project lifecycle, establishing and maintaining data standards, enterprise taxonomies, align with information management strategies and overall efforts to continuously improve the provision of Services. The EAA shall manage and promote the use of client standards, related to software applications, promote the reusability of existing services and expanded use of platforms, serve as a subject matter expert to projects and provide support for IT project teams. The EAA shall provide the bridge between Client business and the IT staff that ensures that the application architecture meets business goals and objectives, that promotes reusability and provides data and interface connectivity across the Enterprise.
- Aligns business goals and business transformation needs with enterprise IT vision and strategies. Serves as a technology lead and liaison to client business in developing and linking technical solutions that meet requirements and guides architecture team on the effective use of technology in developing Client business solutions.
- Reviews and approves requirements delivered by business analysts (BA). Provides guidance to BA team on the requirements elicitation and management.
- Identifies process and procedures to evaluate and define the best solution approach through research, feasibility studies, proof of concepts, alternative analysis etc.
- Collaborates with enterprise architecture, applications, infrastructure, operations, business groups and security teams to design and oversee activities related to creation of reference architectures, guiding principles, support models and any security and technology standards compliance.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards, data integration standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Constantly reviews the application / technology portfolio and facilitates the assessment and selection of software product solutions, frameworks, standards, methodologies to complement the technology / application portfolio.
- Ensures approved technologies / patterns are followed by application development teams.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to both Peraton leadership and Client technology office on application / solution architecture.
- Provides guidance in developing actionable roadmaps that aligns with business tactics and strategy for the account. Drives and leads technology initiatives supporting the execution of the approved roadmap.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with 12 – 15 years of experience or a Master's degree with 10 -13 years of experience. At least 4 years of experience in enterprise architecture activities and six years of experience in leading application development teams.
- Client relationship development and management
- Leadership and the ability to influence others
- Business analysis, strategic planning and road mapping
- Strong consultative, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Present and communicate technical concepts effectively to non-technical audiences.
- Expert knowledge in the use of any of the enterprise architecture frameworks (like TOGAF, Gartner) and methodologies (Agile, DevSecOps, Waterfall).
- Strong experience in building and delivering applications in various application architecture patterns (like event driven, serverless, micro-services, tiered/ layered)
- Working knowledge in building and delivering cloud native solutions especially in AWS and Microsoft Azure.