We are seeking a Computer Systems Security Analyst (Splunk) to support the Social Security Administration in Woodlawn, MD.
- Write complex SPL to develop advanced Splunk dashboards and queries.
- Work with customers to development custom content, maintaining consistently high-quality communications with the client.
- Create Splunk dashboards and queries.
- Familiar with automating tasks in Splunk.
- Develop scripts and code with security tools.
- Develop processes and schedule to review existing methodologies and queries for all divisional metrics.
- Become knowledgeable on the CDM technical requirements for SSA’s CDM program. Understand your role in CDM activities.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Design, manage, and maintain agency SIEM infrastructure to improve data ingestion processes, including architectural work on data pipelines to ensure optimal flow of data.
- Maintenance, configuration and implementing products, appliances and devices on the SSA’s network.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant work experience, OR Master's degree and 5 years of relevant work experience, OR 11 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
- At least 6 years experience using:- Splunk, specifically Splunk scripting and on-boarding of large collection of meta data from different sources into Splunk
- At least 4 years of experience with: - In-depth knowledge of designing, upgrading, maintaining and implementing network devices on a large scale enterprise.
- Coordination and communication with other remotely deployed team members.
- Developing documentation with processes and procedures.
- Proposing, implementing automation features in a large enterprise environment.
- Hold active Splunk Core Certifications of User, Power User and Admin.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in developing and tailoring reporting from network security tools.
- Experience with Cribl for load balancing data.
- Experience using Elastic for cloud storage.
- Prior experience supporting the Social Security Administration or similar government agencies a plus.
- Understanding of business processes supporting IT programs, networks, and/or cybersecurity programs.
- Understanding of network technologies, workflows, IT reporting, etc.
- Must be a self-starter, position is remote from the other team members.
- Must communicate clearly to team members, be comfortable with coordination, collaboration and communication when performing network activities.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder) in order to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust clearance.