This individual will install, support, maintain and monitor IT Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure for reliability and uptime. Architects, designs, implements and maintains complex enterprise SANs and data backup recovery systems. In collaboration with other architecture and engineering teams (systems engineering, database administration, network operations and applications development), analyze and design enterprise storage systems used for customer data management, high transaction database processing and storage. Working with others, analyze and translate business requirements into a solution design for new installations or upgrades to existing platforms. Manages and provides operational support of data availability and retention systems such as server and SAN based backups and enterprise level backup solutions.
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure services.
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services Well Architected Framework
- Practical skill supporting Linux based servers (Ubuntu preferred). The ability to script and/or automate common repeatable tasks such as patching and backups of the OS.
- Understanding of AWS storage concepts (S3, EBS, incremental volume snapshots & ami management)
- Experience with network integration and cloud connectivity
- Knowledgeable on AWS load balancing and Auto scaling technologies
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening
- Familiarity with DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD processes and tools, preferred
- Experience with tools like Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, preferred
- Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree.
- Holding current AWS Associate level certifications is preferred but not a requirement
- Must be able to achieve a VA Position of Trust.