We are seeking a Security Architect to support its mission critical customer in Northern, VA.
- Report directly to the program Chief Architect, and contribute expert analysis, advice, and planning guidance to our federal customer.
- Provide and update enterprise security architectures, provide systems architecture analysis, analyze and produce security roadmaps, analyze existing systems, conduct trade studies and perform analysis of alternatives, and make recommendations.
- Work will regularly require you to interface directly with senior government personnel.
- Exceptional communication skills are required.
- Primary location is Sterling, VA with the option sit in Rockville, MD.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training/certification, or work/military experience.
- 7 years past experience with computer network defense architectures, with an emphasis on edge-security type solutions (IDPS, NGFW, WAF, Proxy, security delivery platform, CASB, and similar).
- 3 years operational experience, either in SOC operations, or information assurance (system authorization).
- 3 years tangible experience with classified or law enforcement networks and operating environments
- Demonstrable knowledge of the purpose and capabilities of a highly robust set of security technologies and products, particularly recent development in security technology that may help large government organizations protect themselves more effectively
- Demonstrable knowledge of government security standards and policies (e.g., NIST 800-53, CNSSI-1253, and others).
- Candidates with past working experience in the role as consulting system engineer directly with government customers are preferred.