We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to deliver network architecture support to develop the conceptual and detailed system designs for network technology enhancements and capability enablement initiatives. The candidate will support requirements analysis, solution development that includes preliminary and detailed designs, initial system integration, system testing and deployment engineering for a high priority engineering initiative. The staff member will also be responsible for integrating hardware for testing, developing, and testing proposed solutions, establishing, and validating design, completing site surveys to validate the design before development, supporting deployments as needed, and developing documentation related to the design to meet standard engineering life cycle management requirements.
- Administration of a LAN infrastructure so as to meet the day to day demands in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
•Deploying, configuring, and maintaining networking equipment within the customer’s environment to ensure high levels of availability and security for client applications.
•Supporting projects as required to meet IT objectives while managing available time based on prioritized tasks.
•Provide engineering/deployment support during the implementation and turn up of new network nodes and related connections.
•Provide Tier 2 & 3 technical support for diagnosing/resolving network-related issues;
•Conduct network planning and design;
•May administer network security, perform database administration, supervise and direct the work of lower level contractor personnel, and serve as technical team or Task Lead (in lieu of the Contract PM).
- 10+ years of Network Engineering experience.
- At least one relevant industry Computing Environment certification, from vendors such as: CompTIA, Cisco, Windows, or Juniper.
- At least one relevant industry Information Assurance certification, from vendors such as: CompTIA, GIAC or ISC2.
- Must have core network services, connectivity, and integration experience
- Must be well versed with advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices, and network management systems.
- Must have expert knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and engineering of DoD systems.
- Provides network engineering operational support and development for a broad range of network systems and environments, including the full system engineering lifecycle, and requirements analysis (configure, test, evaluation, maintenance, integration, and installation).
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN communications, network hardware, such as Cisco routers, Ethernet switches, bridges, gateways, firewalls, and encryption devices (i.e. TACLANEs).
- Competence in systems analysis and technical writing to support SOPs.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of firewalls
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Layer 2 technologies
- Experience with network design and traffic engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Large enterprise environment experience preferred
- Experience generating various documents, including CONOPS, design documents, diagrams, and other related customer deliverables.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in managing help desk, network troubleshooting, and support, as well as active directory enterprise, network management software and tool suites (i.e., MS SharePoint, NetIQ, Nagios, and Multi Router Traffic Grapher (MRTG)).